Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Read: The Hunger Games

I finally read the book that I've heard so much about, and it didn't disappoint. I finished it in less than a week, which is saying something for me these days. It's technically young adult, but deals with some very heavy issues - the story is about teenagers brutally fighting each other to the death on national TV! But it was fast paced and descriptive enough to keep me engaged, but not too heavy on the gore factor. I think it's a great read for young people, to describe what a future dystopian world may be like if we don't value our varied cultures and each other as individuals. There are two more books in the series, but I think I am number 50 on the wait list on the library so I will just have to wait in suspense...

No comments:

Post a Comment