This weekend was fairly uneventful but so relaxing, and throw in some great weather and I couldn't ask for much more! Friday night was a big pasta dinner and bed early to be ready for the highlight of the weekend, the Cherry Street Farmer's Market! I've been so excited for the market to start up again, as I've been so interested in getting more local foods into the kitchen. Saturday was the big day and we got there early (by my standards on a Saturday morning). It was really fun to have that street-fair vibe and see all of the vendors. I picked up some free-range chicken, fresh arugula and some really delicious spices. J got probably the most expensive loaf of bread ever, so he's hoping it's really good!
The rest of the day ran some errands, then went to J's house for some drinks on the deck - again, weather was fantastic! Sunday I was up and at 'em early again, so got some closet cleaning done and went for a REAL run. I've been wanting to really get into running, and yesterday was very encouraging. Finally, made some shrimp pasta with that arugula for dinner, and did my taxes. Now on to the week!
And, because I can never resist:
No comments:
Post a Comment