Sunday, May 6, 2012

In March I was the lone "client" on our winter TV shoot in Silverton, Ouray and Crested Butte. It was a really amazing experience to see a full shoot come together. We were up on the mountain at 5am every day into late in the night, stayed at a creepy, haunted hotel in Silverton (which itself was like a ghost town), and just tromped all over to get a great shot.
Sunrise in the San Juan's

Taking snowcats to the top (almost tipped over a few times!)




Representing the Jayhawks from 14,000 ft in the Sweet 16! We had to wear avalanche beacons at all times, as well as carry shovels and picks in case of avalanches.



One of the best parts was hanging out with dudes like this, who are really passionate about they do, love the outdoors and having fun. And I'll say it, not too hard on the eyes either :)


This was one of our guides. When the other group was off getting shots, we hiked to the peak with two of the guides - one started climbing a rock face in his ski boots and the other jumped off the peak in this! I also got to watch the KU/North Carolina with a Tar Heel (man it was good to win), meet some very cool people and guides -- and make movie magic. I'm very excited to see the final ads this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment